Saturday, February 4, 2012

Reading Response #8

While viewing these cluster maps I found many ideas and resources that may be useful in my ITU. For my part of the ITU on Native Americans it will be helpful for my students to look at government agencies and how they have responded to Native Americans. Also, based on our community I feel that it would be beneficial for my students to routinely look for current events involving the local tribes. Another great idea would be to role play or simulate various situations involving Native Americans throughout history. I also saw an idea about voter registration and thought it would be a good idea to have my students research the idea or possibility that Native Americans are underrepresented as voters and if so my students could do a voter registration drive on the reservation.

1 comment:

  1. Very thorough RR 1-8. Share a link for your ITU webpage when you are ready,

    ReplyDelete